About Frankfurt American High School
Frankfurt American High School, Frankfurt am Main, West Germany, was one of the first five high schools opened in Germany by the U.S. Department of Defense in 1946. It was called the "American Community School", the "Frankfurt Community High School", also the "Frankfurt Military Post High School." It opened in October of 1946, according to Joe Donahoe, who was the first Principal. See the Graduation Invitation and Program from June 1947. In August of 1954, the school was moved from the building on Am Bornheimer Hang to a newly constructed building on Sioli Strasse, near Miguel Allee, and was then called the Frankfurt American High School. It was closed in May of 1995.